The Graduate Diploma in Creative Multimedia and Web Programming consists of all the subjects in the Graduate Diploma in Creative Multimedia. In addition learners develop expertise in database development and web programming using ASP.NET to construct a dynamic website.
Both Graduate Diploma in Creative Multimedia courses are ideal for those who wish to gain a strong understanding of digital multimedia & website design. This course appeals to a variety of applicants: graduates from other disciplines, those who would like to change their career path and those who need to up skill to the latest technologies. Learners acquire practical skills in website design, image editing, graphic design, animation and audio & video.
The course is modeled on the working environment, requiring learners to create various interactive multimedia designs to a given specification within a specific time frame. All our courses are lab based with a very practical approach to teaching and learning. This prepares and equips learners for a smooth transition into the digital multimedia industry.
The Graduate Diploma in Creative Media will equip participants with the skills to:
- Plan and create banner advertisements for websites using Flash.
- Design and manipulate photographs and vector graphics for web and print using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Understand the design process, distinguish between the elements and principles of graphic design and to apply them to design briefs across different medium.
- Make video using stop motion photography, apply effects, transitions, sound and upload to YouTube.
- Construct online databases which drive the backend for any dynamic website.
- Design and develop dynamic web sites using ASP.NET and SQL Server/ MS Access.
The course is structured so that the student will develop expertise in two related areas: Creative Multimedia and dynamic Web Project Development.
- Interactive Authoring (Flash)
- Digital Imaging I (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Graphic Design I
- Audio & Video Production (Premiere Pro)
- Database Development with SQL
- Web Programming (ASP.NET)
|Duration||1 year – full time September to May|
|Number of places|
|Number of contact hours per week||25|
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
- Enterprise Workshops
Assessment and Certification
The course is certified by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), which is an international examining body.
Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
Repeats, will, at the College’s discretion, be facilitated in the next academic year.
Graduates have progressed to the following level 7 degree programmes:
A primary degree in any discipline or at least 2 years of relevant further education studies is required.
Mature Students (including VTOS and BTEA)
Applicants without formal qualifications will be considered on the basis of experience and overall demonstrable ability.
Applicants with proven high levels of motivation, ability and aptitude together with relevant work experience will be considered subject to a suitability interview.
Other Requirements/Advisory Meeting
Applicants should have an aptitude for creativity and design, a keen interest in the various media formats, good computing skills and an ability to work unsupervised.
Applicants will have an advisory meeting to offer guidance and to ensure course suitability. Applicants will also be advised on course costs and registration details.
While a portfolio is not compulsory, applicants are advised to bring a portfolio to their advisory meeting.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, €200 PLC Government Levy (unless exempt), a Student Services charge and where applicable professional body registration fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.