The Diploma builds on the skills acquired in year 1 on the Certificate course. Learners acquire more in-depth knowledge and expertise in digital multimedia and develop expertise in new areas such as: content management systems (CMS), database development and audio/video production.
The Diploma in Creative Multimedia & Web/App Development consists of all the subjects in the Diploma in Creative Multimedia. In addition learners develop expertise in interactive programming to create Web App and Apps for mobile platforms.
The course is modeled on the working environment, requiring learners to create various interactive multimedia designs to a given specification within a specific time frame. All our courses are lab based with a very practical approach to teaching and learning. This prepares and equips learners for a smooth transition into the digital multimedia industry.
The Diploma in Creative Multimedia will equip participants with the skills to:
- Develop mobile apps for smartphones and tablets (iPhone, iPad, Android and other platforms).
- Create industry ready artwork with Photoshop and Illustrator for digital and print media.
- Compile a selection of project work and gain experience in the organisation and presentation of this work at the SCD "total design" exhibition.
- Make videos using stop motion photography, apply effects, transitions, sound and upload to youtube.
- Investigate, develop and design Interface prototypes for interactive systems across various platforms.
- Design and build dynamic websites using "Joomla!" - Content Management System.
Diploma Graduates obtain middle level employment in the Interactive Multimedia industry and in the IT Industry. There is also a range of exciting opportunities available in areas such as advertising, publishing, telecommunications, education and training.
- Interactive Programming with Web/App Development
- Digital Imaging II (Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Audio and Video Production (Premiere Pro)
- Graphic Design II
- Database Development with SQL
- Content Management Systems (PHP and MySQL)
Students spend significant time in excess of timetabled hours on research, study and project work.
|Duration||1 year – full time September to May|
|Number of places|
|Number of contact hours per week||21|
- Study Skills
- Career Advice and CV Preparation
- Enterprise Workshops
Assessment and Certification
The course is certified by the Institute of Commercial Management (ICM), which is an international examining body.
Assessment is based on assignments and projects submitted during the year.
Graduates of the Diploma in Creative Multimedia & Web/App Development course have progressed into year 2 of the following level 7 degree programmes:
Applicants should have obtained the Certificate in Creative Multimedia or equivalent.
Mature Students (including VTOS and BTEA)
Applicants without formal qualifications will be considered on the basis of experience and overall demonstrable ability.
At course commencement, students are required to pay for books, €200 PLC Government Levy (unless exempt), a Student Services charge and professional body registration and examination fees. There are no tuition fees for EU students.